Six Months

Alice is six months old today. She has been such a calm, happy baby. About half of the time, she'll sleep ten to twelve hours, and the rest of the time, she only wakes up once. More than that is very rare. (After Danny who didn't sleep ten to twelve hours a night until he was around sixteen months old, this seems miraculous!) Alice is really cheerful and endures pretty well the love ("abuse") shared with her from her older brother and sister. It has been a pleasure and a delight to have Alice Grace Collett in our life.

It is impossible though to think of six months without thinking of another sweet baby. I think of her every time I see a six month old. It is said that time heals all wounds. I don't think that completely applies to having a child die, unless it doesn't call for a full recovery. As I was looking through pictures of my brother's daughter trying to choose one for this post, I found myself smiling at how happy and beautiful she was and crying because she's not here anymore and I can't help but still feel like she should be.

So while I'm so happy to have Alice and excited for her to pass this milestone of her first half birthday, six months will always remain a sad age for me.

Alice Grace Collett and her cousin, Tabitha Grace Boling


Cousins in 2011 and 2013
We miss you, Tabitha.
(Interesting how Callie ended up in the same spot for both pictures.
And some how, not a single cousin is siting by either of the same cousins as last time.)

I am so grateful for every moment I have with those I love.

Comments

  1. I am sorry for you and your family, Meems. I am very happy to see Alice, though, and to hear that she is such a happy baby.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?