Defeat

I don’t
Know
how to be your mom.

I don’t 
Know 
how to give you what you need.

The books aren’t helping.
Prayers aren’t helping.
Talking to psychiatrists didn’t help.
Staying calm isn’t helping.
Showing my love isn’t helping.
Being strict didn’t help.
Being gentle isn’t helping.
Teaching control tools didn’t help.

Nothing.
Helps.

If this is how it feels to fail as your mother,
How must you feel, trapped inside of your body?

I can’t give up.
There is too much life ahead.

But

What

Can


Do?

In a moment like this, I am utterly defeated.

I just don't know.



Comments

  1. I'm sorry it's rough right now, but hang on. Things have a way of working out when you continue to press forward in faith. Please don't let doubt or discouragement get you down, for those are tools of Satan. Keep trying, keep believing, keep praying, keep loving! Be patient with yourself and those around you. You are so loved!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?