Don't wake me up for cake!

Well, we celebrated his birthday, but it was rough. Both Jill and Daniel took late naps, and I think both of them thought they were already down for the night, because they were miserable during dinner. So much crying. So much drama. Danny cheered up a bit once dessert started, or maybe he was just really not sure about the candle.



Seriously! Right when I think he has started to grow into his eyes, he goes and opens them even wider! Sometimes I feel like the phrase "baby blue" was invented for his eyes. :)



Jill stayed upset until she helped open Danny's presents. Her sadness was not to be persuaded by simple delights like chocolate. (Honestly, I wish I had never woken her up.) (I hate late naps.)



That's about the extent of how messy he got. Now the floor below him got really messy. He loves to throw food over his shoulders. Silly boy. Jill did calm down a bit when trying to feed Danny her ice cream.



Jill has been telling people that her birthday is tomorrow. Poor girl. Not until April!

Comments

  1. Too bad you didn't have a large chunk of pot roast to give her to chew on, that worked really well over Christmas. :) Late naps are the pits, why is it that they make babies so cranky?

    The girls have been so wild about their birthdays, I wonder what they are going to do when I tell them it's all over for another year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, I want it to be my birthday tomorrow too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Danny Boy DOES look petrified of that candle! :) Oh, those eyes. You know how I feel about them lol. I'm sorry late naps put a bump in your day. :/ It made for a good story, great pictures, and a chuckle in my day, if that makes you feel any better lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the yummy fresh fruit arrangement (edible bouquet). It came this morning and we are both home today working on taxes, home projects and eating that yummy treat! Pam and Doug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Danny!
    At least he will not remember this day, right??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?