Tabitha

Here is the link to Tabitha's obituary: link.

Here is a link to a song/poem my sister-in-law's brother wrote: link. "Taffa" is how Emily pronounces her baby sister's name. Jill calls her cousin "Taffla."

My sister-in-law (Tabitha's mom) posted some pictures and wrote about Tabitha's beautiful last few days here: link.

My sister shared a few nice pictures, too: link.

Sorry that everything has been kind of sad recently, but that's how I've been feeling. I mean, happy things still happen. Jill still makes me laugh, and Danny still smiles sweetly at me. But it is impossible to forget that we won't get to see my brother's baby smile at us for a very long time. Jill is really comforting though. Whenever I cry, she comes over, sits on my lap, pats my shoulder, and says "Mommy, it's okay."

And it is okay in that there is a God in the heavens—a Heavenly Father who loves Tabitha just as much as anyone down here does. But even knowing where her soul is doesn't change that I'd rather have her body snuggled in my brother's arms. I guess that's just my mortal perspective. However, I am very grateful for my testimony in Jesus Christ and my knowledge of the afterlife, because that is what makes this tragedy bearable even though it is still hard.

I know the day will come when it seems like the Plan of Happiness again, rather than the Plan of Endurance. And I know that Tabitha is very happy where she is.

Comments

  1. Yep, mom and I just had a long talk about this yesterday. Life seems kind of heavy right now, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so helpful to have family here, I'm so grateful that so many of us could gather, your presence was a huge comfort.

    When Mimi left with Vickie, I rushed off to work, I guess I'm glad that I like the people I work with so much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?