Mother's Day *cough*

It's never too late, right? Ha.

For Mother's Day, Jill (with help from Jeff) made me a flower pot holder.

For Mother's Day, Daniel slept ten uninterrupted hours Friday and Saturday night! (This glorious event has not since been repeated, but boy was it wonderful!)

For Mother's Day, Jeff made sausage gravy with heart shaped biscuits (both from scratch) for breakfast as well as twice-baked potatoes for lunch.

And at church, I was given a piece of chocolate. Yum.

Jill (left) and Daniel (right) both are a few days older than four months.

Top left: "Yeah, we're that cool." 
Top right: "Let me hold your hand, Danny." 
Bottom left: "Whoa." 
Bottom right: "Danny is so funny, Mama!"

"Daniel, there are many techniques available to use when learning how to rattle your rattle.
First, let's discuss proper form . . ."

The outfit Daniel is wearing during rattle lessons has a story. My mother bought it back in 2007 when the first grandchild was in the oven. (Ha Ames!) We still did not know whether my sister was having a boy or a girl. Then Hallie came. Then more grandchildren arrived. Annibelle. Emily. Jill. Hanna. Callie. Then finally Daniel! So, the baby boy clothing finally had a home. (And now we have Tabitha, too!)

Good news with our house—progress is . . . progressing. ;) The crawl space clean out crew was here over the weekend. It was amazing (and disgusting) how much sewage and nasty stuff they removed from our crawl space. My house currently smells overwhelmingly of lime, and the fans and dehumidifiers have been running nonstop. Yay for one step done! (And yay for having added sewage backup insurance when we bought the house a year ago.)

I am so impressed by my loving family and friends who are brave enough to continue on with their plans to visit. My parents will be here for Memorial Day, my sister and her family in June, some of our best friends from Utah over the Fourth of July, and my grandmother just before Labor Day. I am happy to say my house no longer smells like sewage and all bathrooms are now functional (if not up to code), but the basement is a mess. I wonder who will be the first to visit after all of the repairs are complete!

Oh, and last night Jill was crying in her bed and not sleeping. When I asked her what she needed, she said a pretty dress. So, we took off her pajamas and let her sleep in one of her pretty dresses. Ha. What a girl! I wonder if they make night gowns in her size. It sounds like she might like those.

Comments

  1. Love the pictures! Love the rattles, and the cute boy clothes Mom finally got to give to a grandchild. LOVE the blanket they are on. Soooo cute. Seriously.

    I could give back the nightgown that you lent us from your friend. Remind me to do that. I sewed a button on the back so it is fully functional again. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. What darling pictures. It's funny to me that in the side by side photo of you taken years apart, the only thing different about you is the length of your hair. You're still as cute as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the beginning there sounds like a "little things" list...Mother's Day edition. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes they do make little nightgowns! What a good idea! Glad things are getting better with your house. I love the cute pics of the kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And now your hair is short again! We need you to blog again I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?