Jill & Amish Quotations

Jill has been saying something for the past few weeks that I think is really cute but slightly ambiguous.

Jeff always asks, "Jill, do you love me?" And she always replies, "no." (Very disappointing after all of his sacrifices. Haha.)

So, I have started saying this to her every time I buckle her into her car seat:

"Mama loves Jill. Jill loves Mama. Daddy loves Jill, and Jill loves Daddy."

My plan is that if I tell her enough times that she loves us, she'll start thinking she loves us. Ha.

However, for the past two or three weeks, I haven't been able to get through my whole discourse. Because now when I say "Mama loves Jill." She quickly says, "And Daddy."

So . . . is she saying Mama loves Jill and Daddy? (That is what she is technically, grammatically saying if she is finishing my sentence.) Or is she saying that she knows Daddy loves her, too? I don't know. I have asked her which she meant, but she's mum on the subject. One year olds . . .

Or is she just tired of my routine, so she is trying to hurry me through it? Ha.

Her newest word is "milk." It's not 100% clear, but the "k" is very well enunciated at the finish.

Oh! And this morning we had a new development that I loved! Instead of hearing crying in the baby monitor when she awoke, I heard "Mommy, Mommy." Awww melt my heart!!

And now something interesting. (Well, to me the Jill stuff was interesting, but you know what I mean. Interesting and not family related.)

One of my friends just read Amish Proverbs by Suzanne Fisher and shared what some of her favorite proverbs from the book were. Here are some of those.

Anger makes your mouth work faster than your mind.
Oh my word. That describes pretty much 75% of all the things I wish I hadn't ever said. Sigh. Although, my mouth often seems to work faster than my mind, regardless of whether I'm angry or not.

A man is happier to be sometimes cheated than to never trust.
I don't really have a whole lot of life experience with that, but I completely agree with it personally. I hope I never have reason to lose my trust in mankind as a whole.

Nothing is quite so annoying as to have someone go right on talking when you are interrupting.
This one I just had to laugh at. I have a horrible habit of interrupting people, and I have had way too many of the awkward you-thought-someone-was-done-so-you-started-talking moments. Sigh. So, I know that interrupting is terribly rude, but I still get ahead of myself and do it sometimes, so this one made me laugh.

And then here is a saying my dad shared with us over Thanksgiving weekend (I'm assuming it is not Amish), "No husband was ever shot while doing the dishes." ;)

Have you heard any good proverbs/quotes recently that you'd like to share? They don't have to be Amish. Anything goes!

Comments

  1. This is Devin's favorite phrase, his coworker says it all the time and Devin loves it: "It's as handy as a pocket on your shirt."

    Also, how cute is Jill? Too cute. That's right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your title, I thought Jill was the one reciting Amish quotes, and that made me chuckle. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I thought Jill was doing Amish things, too haha. I looooove the new wake-up call! How adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. o man i love that first "mommy mommy" rather than crying in the monitor! so sweet! i still leave the monitor on all day so i can hear the kids conversations upstairs while they play :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. o man i love that first "mommy mommy" rather than crying in the monitor! so sweet! i still leave the monitor on all day so i can hear the kids conversations upstairs while they play :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?