Perspective

I just want to take a moment to be grateful. I have a healthy, precious daughter who is just starting to figure out how to sit up for longer than five seconds. I have a playful husband who loves me, puts up with me, and wants to be with me for eternity.

I have a father who would honestly do anything for me. I have a mother who has been the best role model for motherhood I could have ever wanted.

I have parents-in-law who so selflessly support us during this difficult time and give us a place to call home.

I have a sister is who is my perfect best friend. I have brothers who think I'm pretty great.

I have friends and best friends who cheer me up on sad days and rejoice with me on the good ones.

I have a knowledge of the true and everlasting gospel, and I know the commandments I need to keep and the steps I must take to return to our Heavenly Father.

All in all, life is pretty wonderful. Perhaps instead of thinking "why me" when bad things happen, I should think "why me" when good things happen. And then I should strive to live in a way that will provide adequate answers to the question of "why me" when good things happen. Sad things happen to "good" and "bad" people a like, but I might as well do all I can to deserve in a small way the good things that do happen. And perhaps in trying to be good, I can become a good thing that happens in someone else's life.

Thank you to all you wonderful people who have made my life so amazing. Thank you for being my blessings.

Comments

  1. What a wonderful reminder! I hate those days when I get down and think "why me". It's good to be reminded that we should be more optimistic!

    By the way, I just noticed your About Me section where it says "When life hands you lemons, make lemon squares." I LOVE that! It made me laugh. Scotty makes awesome lemon squares, we should make some for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just kidding! michelle you are such a blessing in my life and you definately bless all of those around you. you deserve everything wonderful that happens in your life:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. You are one of the blessings, Sara. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?