My intent with this post is not to offend any of my friends who are pro-abortion. My intent is to share something that is important to me. I believe that easily accessible abortion teaches Americans that actions need not have consequences, and I believe that new abortion policy will make it too simple for women to make abortion decisions without adequate education on all the possibilities. Abortion is the ending of life and should only occur after careful consideration in very few situations. The future I hope to avoid is one that is creeping closer and closer, a future where abortion is a readily accepted form of birth control.
Something everyone can do
to help protect unborn children
I hope you will join us in the “Red Envelope Campaign” that FWI and other groups are supporting to send over a million empty red envelopes to President Barack Obama on March 31 with the following message on the back and your signature:
Dear President Obama:
This envelope represents one child who died in abortion. It is empty because that life was unable to offer anything to the world. Responsibility begins with conception. I urge you to change your position on abortion and respect life!
This is the idea of a man named Christ Otto, and so far, at least 750, 000 envelopes are pledged to be sent on March 31.
There is no question that Barack Obama is the most anti-life, pro-abortion president we have ever had. We have summarized his positions on life-related issues on a special “Send a Red Envelope for Life” Web site we have created for this campaign, but consider just several items:
- He opposed banning partial birth abortion, the barbaric practice where an infant who could live outside the womb is mostly delivered alive but then killed by the abortionist at the last second.
- During the presidential campaign, he said one of the reasons he favored liberal abortion policies was that he would not want his daughters to be “punished with a baby” in the event that they became pregnant outside of marriage.
- He twice opposed legislation as a state Senator, legislation which would require that infants who are aborted but born alive must receive medical treatment.
- During the presidential campaign, he also said that the first bill he wanted to sign as president is the outrageous “Freedom of Choice Act” (FOCA) which effectively eliminates all state and federal restrictions on abortion, including parental notification requirements and the prohibition on partial birth abortion.
- Shortly after taking office, he reversed the Mexico City Policy which prohibited U.S. international aid from going to organizations that promote or perform abortions.
The Red Envelope Campaign is a simple but potentially powerful way for anyone who cares about life and unborn children to send Obama and his pro-abortion allies the message that we oppose his abortion agenda. It is also an easy thing to get others to do as well. You will find some suggestions on the sendredevnvelopesforlife.org Web site. A million or more red envelopes for life flooding into the White House will certainly get attention!
On our “send a red envelope for life” Web site, we give you more background information on this project and even a template you can use to easily print out your own red envelopes with the President’s address and the message already preprinted on it.
March 31 is the day when most of the envelopes will be sent, but you can certainly keep sending them throughout the Obama presidency to remind him that more babies are dying every day from abortion. Someone in the White House mail room will count how many come in each day and report to one of Obama’s staff members. The more that come in, the more of an impression it will make, and the more lives we might be able to save.
Please take a few minutes and prepare your red envelopes to send on March 31 if possible.
Also, please forward this on to as many others who you think would participate as well.Thanks for whatever you are able to do for these children.