Please Protest

As you know, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Despite our vigorous missionary attempts, many people do not understand our religion or respect our beliefs. We are often subject to incorrect or defamatory information being broadcasted on the media.

The show Big Love that airs on HBO is going to run an episode that is very disrespectful. This episode shows blatant disregard to the sacred beliefs of people of my faith. Imagine something that you hold dear, that you hold precious. Then imagine that people who do not understand your beloved thing/belief hired someone who once shared your beliefs and turned his/her back on them, so these people can exploit and misrepresent them to the world. This is the pain that I, and other members of the Church are now feeling. HBO/Time Warner is showing complete disregard to the feelings of members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Something sacred to us is being displayed to the world in a completely inappropriate way.

Please help me by not watching the show, specifically the episode airing March 15, and by contacting HBO and sharing your displeasure through their feedback forms. You don't have to understand what I believe, but I hope you at least respect me and my beliefs.

The rest of this post provides information on where you can go to file a complaint. It was written by someone and forwarded to me by a friend.

You can find information on the TV Guide link here: http://www.tvguidemagsales.com/WeeklyIssues/TVG030909.pdf. It's on page 48 of the pdf or page 46 of the actual TV Guide. (Note from Mimi: For those of you who have trouble downloading the file, I opened the TV Guide PDF in Photoshop and turned the article into a jpg and uploaded it on my blog. You can see it if you'll scroll up two entries.)

Take a look at the attached pdf and consider writing to HBO. This is pretty appalling: On Sunday March 15, the HBO show Big Love is showing an episode containing an excommunication as well as temple ceremonies. They hired an ex-member to help create the ceremony, rooms, and clothing.

HBO is owned by Time Warner. Send your emails, snail mails, phone calls, to both companies to show HBO that we won't stand for the use of things we consider sacred on their show Big Love, which is using a replica of an endowment room and celestial room to how what happens in the ceremonies there! Just keep it within Church standards please!

If you would like to protest, I recommend complaining to both HBO and the FCC.

HBO is owned by Time Warner:
Time Warner Inc.
One Time Warner Center
New York, NY10019-8016
212.484.8000

http://www.hbo.com/apps/submitinfo/contactus/submit.do?title=GeneralInformation&questiontype=generalInformation&questiontype=general

Here are two things your want to RESPECTFULLY say in your own words to HBO:
  • I believe it is wrong for HBO to publicly air portions of sacred ceremonies of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints without permission from the church and based on information given you by someone who has left the church and may harbor bad feelings toward the church and wish to do it harm.
AND THE BIG ONE THAT WILL ALWAYS GET THEIR ATTENTION
  • If you air such an episode, I will cancel my subscription to all HBO channels (if you have them), and will not purchase HBO DVDs or any other HBO entertainment products or packages ever again. Furthermore, I will encourage my friends and associates to do likewise.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO
The FCC is the government agency that regulates all broadcast and cable television. File a complaint expressing your shock and dismay at HBO treating the sacred ceremonies of any religion with such mockery and disregard, and that it is shoddy work hiring excommunicated members/enemies of church and giving them a public pulpit to hurt the church.

To file a complaint with the FCC go to http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm.
  • Choose "Broadcast (TV and Radio), Cable, and Satellite Issues" and then click "NEXT."
  • Choose "Broadcast programs showing obscene, profane, and/or indecent material" then click "NEXT."
  • Click on "ONLINE FORM" Fill out the form with your complaint and submit.

Comments

  1. This is horrible! People have no respect for anything anymore...

    do you mind if I copy this post to my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are the victims of a hoax. tvguidemagsales website does not appear to be affiliated with tv guide. You may want to do your own research before you post this on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done my own research. You're welcome to read my more recent blog post if you would like more information, because you're unwilling to do your own research.

    As to whether the website is affiliated with TV Guide, I do not know. All I do know is that the link is a way to download the current TV Guide. The website itself I know nothing about. All I care about is the TV Guide link.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?