Bellows!

Well, Jeffrey got to see Zach Bellows last weekend when he went to visit him in Las Vegas, so it only seemed fair that I got to see Brooke. Lucky for me, she came to Utah!

Brooke and Ryan had been in Virginia visiting her family. Her sister, Anne, is going on a mission to serve in Nauvoo. Anne went into the MTC on Wednesday, and I live conveniently close to the MTC, so I benefited greatly from all this!

It was a pretty great day. I went to work and then left early taking a half day. Brooke and her mom picked me up, and Sister Bailey treated us to lunch at Rumbi Grill. Yum! I can't believe I ate my whole salad. I did eat it slowly though. :)

Then we went over to the mall to find a change of clothes for Ryan that had been forgotten and to buy some chocolates for Brooke's other sister, Lindsay.


Poor Lindsay is quite a trooper. It is her birthday tomorrow, and she is home alone in Virginia. Everyone is here for Anne, but Lindsay is still in high school, so she can't miss that much school.

We went to See's Candies and were given free truffles. Score! Does anyone know if that is common procedure? I might need to walk through that store more often. Yum. To top off the delicious, Sister Bailey let us pick out a little chocolate cup to enjoy too. I pretty much felt like a princess today.

We then split ways with Brooke's mom and came home to my house. It was kind of weird to be back at Royal Oak with Brooke with her not living next door anymore. We had been next door neighbors for over two years.

We hung around at the apartment for a little bit and enjoyed seeing Jeff. :)

Well, I enjoyed seeing Jeff in the middle of the day at least. Hehe. And I know Jeff loved seeing Ryan again! He was convinced he could get Ryan to walk. :)

Ryan hadn't slept well the night before (or Brooke either), and he hadn't had a nap yet today, so I got to take Jill's stroller out on its maiden voyage as we went on a walk. It was another absolutely lovely day, and I am happy to say the stroller performed quite well!

We walked over to 7-11 and then down the Provo River Trail for a while. Luckily, Ryan did fall asleep, so he got about an hour nap, and we got slushies. Sounds like a good deal all around, eh?

We spent more time at my apartment just chatting and watching Ryan do funny things. Then we went over to Panda Express, where Brooke treated us to dinner. See what I'm saying about the whole princess day thing?

All good things have to come to an end, and night was drawing near. We drove up to Thanksgiving Point where we met Brooke's mom and grandma to give her and Ryan back.

It was wonderful to see one of my best friends again!

Oh yes, I do have to add that one of the most amazing parts was that Brooke painted my toes for me! :) It's getting rather impossible for me to do that, so I definitely appreciated it!

Here is one of my favorite pictures from the day. Ryan has recently learned how to give kisses. I love how in the first shot, he is not sure which is more important to him—looking at the camera or giving me kisses. Giving me kisses definitely won out though, and he got me!

Comments

  1. I love wet slobbery baby kisses! Hallie hasn't quite figured out that kissing isn't the same as biting though, so if you leave your cheek around for too long after the initial contact, be prepared for a little nibble!

    That's great that you got to spend time with them again! Ryan is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I will prepare myself for a Hallie nibble. I can't wait to see her again! One of my favorite scenarios for the move is getting to drive across the country from Utah and stopping at all of my siblings' houses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that I was able to spend the day with you! It was the highlight of our trip, besides the whole 'drop anne at the MTC' thing. haha. I hope we get to see you again soon. If not April, then definitely May! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?