This time she was given to me after she had already fallen asleep, but I still felt special and promptly joined her. Amy is faking in this picture, but she did eventually fall asleep, too.
Some of the highlights of the trip were . . .
- Laurie's fabulous New Year's Eve party: There is always way more food than the amount of people there could eat, but we sure don't mind having leftovers for the next few days!
- Celebrating my dad's birthday on January 1. My mom, sister, and I got to sing all of our favorite birthday songs that I haven't sung in forever! "Happy birthday, uh" anyone?
- Playing a new board game called oh shucks. I forgot the name. Well, you get half an expression and you have to make up how it ends. Then you vote on each other's and the real one. It was a really fun game. I also got to play some standard games, Clue and Scrabble.
- Dana Daniels—he is a comedian magician that Jeff's parents saw recently in Las Vegas. They bought his DVD, and we definitely watched it three times. Funny stuff. If you see me and have a box of animal crackers, I will show you the disappearing tiger or disappearing monkey rump! :) I loved listening to my dad laugh and seeing Devin enjoy something so thoroughly.
- Watching Kung Fu Panda and Prince Caspian, a second time for both, but still good. :)
The day before I got there, Jeff's family went to this place that had funnel cakes, and I had never had them before. Jeff's family thought that was really sad for me, so his dad googled a recipe and we had funnel cakes for breakfast one morning! Thanks, Daryl. :)