Happy Fourth of July

So Jeff and I had a great Fourth! We went up to Kaysville like usual to celebrate with various aunts, uncles, and cousins of Jeff's. This year though one of Jeff's siblings was out here, so we got to go with Jason and Amy. That was great fun. We enjoyed a very delicious barbeque, and Amy humored us Midwesterners and let us teach her Euchre.

After the barbeque and games, we headed over to the community college in Kaysville. For the fireworks show. We get there early (so we can still see where we're sitting hehe). We played some more cards, and I took a nap. I got to eat lots of gummy bears, so I definitely enjoyed that. It was cool, we could see three different firework shows while waiting for ours to start, so that was cool.

Before the show started, the announcer said that a little boy was standing with him who couldn't remember his name. The announcer described what the boy was wearing and asked his parents to come find him. How terrifying would that be to lose your son at a dark, outdoor, very crowded event? I felt kind of scared and sad for them.

Okay, okay, when I am waiting for things to start sometimes I take pictures of myself . . .

I managed to get a picture of one of the fireworks. I was pleased with myself. I know I should be waxing poetic about how wonderful the US of A is, but I'm tired right now. I do want it to be said that although I am occassionally annoyed by Americans, I completely and utterly love America.

Comments