another long update

Let's see. My cousin's wife, Linda, reminded me I haven't updated people in a while, so I guess it's time.

I am still working at Heritage Web Solutions (www.heritagewebdesign.com). I like my actual job (writing and editing), but we have been understaffed for a while. We had a 170% growth in tasks assigned to us and only a 120% growth in my department's actual production. We just hired four new writers though, and we've opened my job up to outsource/freelance writers (8 new ones), so hopefully I will be able to start breathing again at work soon. It's hard balance to find between quantity and quality and how much time I can spend on each client.

Jeff is still interning with the Church. He is really enjoying that, except for how much money we spend on gas with him commuting to Salt Lake City three times a week. After the end of April, he'll be commuting five times a week, so we'll feel that soon. Since he is staying for the summer, he will get a lot of projects and get to do what he will actually do once he has graduated, so he really enjoys that. He's been looking at jobs recently in England (just for fun), and there are a surprising amount of jobs open for facility/property managers. Graduation is still a year away though (April 2009), so ask us again in December what we think we might do after graduation. If I can't live near my family though, I wouldn't mind living abroad. Either super close or really far away, I guess.

Jeff's basketball intramural season is over. It ended with sadness, but life goes on. He is still playing basketball, however, for about five hours a week, so that's good. He is on an intramural flag football team with some of his bodies. I believe he is playing as a . . . receiver. He guards the quarterback for a little bit and then makes a run to get open to catch the ball, so whatever that is—he is. He's also getting about two hours of racquetball in a week, so he's a happy camper. I thought it was almost going to be tennis time again for us. (We had some 60 degree weather last week.) However, it snowed today. We'll see how long it takes to warm up again.

Yesterday, our church had a ping-pong tournament, and I am proud to say Jeff came in third. Not bad. I um . . . well I was eliminated, but at least I played, right? :) Amazingly, I have kept running. I usually only last a few weeks or so, but we've been going for . . . I'm not sure. Two months now? Three? and we've only missed three times (twice because the track was closed and once because I was at a luau). So, yeah, that's good. I'm glad to be exercising again. My running buddy is due in June, so I am a little worried if I'll be able to keep going without her. We'll see what she's able to do. She's impressed me lots so far; I hope I am able to run a mile three times a week when I am pregnant!

I had a choir concert two Thursdays ago. It was the first one for the season. We got to sing in the Provo Tabernacle, an old, beautiful building with a lovely organ. They recorded it, so let me know if you're interested in having a CD. I've heard from those who received my Christmas CD that they really enjoyed listening to it. And to answer Grandma's question, no I have not done any solo work with the choir. I do get to sing the descants though and sometimes I am one of only a few that get to sing certain notes. So, that's a lot of fun.

Jeffrey is running for vice president of his major (there are three vice president positions). He hopes to be vice president of internships. I am not sure when we'll find out how his election is going. Oh, I just remembered that he asked me to make him some advertisements. I'll have to get on that!

I am still volunteering with hospice and visiting Irma. She is a wonderful lady, and she told me that it makes the constant pain she's in a little more bearable when I sing to her. I am glad she enjoys my singing. I can't really talk to her, because it takes to much energy for her to carry on a conversation and sometimes when she tries to talk, it doesn't make any sense. The last time I visited her (yesterday), she laid in bed the whole visit and her only movements were telling me how beautiful each song was and mouthing along while I sang. (I sang church hymns that time, so she was familiar with them.)

That's about all I can think of. Jeff and I are doing well, all in all. We'd love to hear how all of you are doing, too!

Love, Mimi

Comments